Friday, June 5, 2009

Quite a disappointment for me!!!! sob...


My examiner's report

Haydn sonata in Eflat Hob 52 1st movt- There is good strength in the playing. Pedalling is not always wisely employed- scalic passages never sound effective when pedalled, and there were a few 'quick' pedals which were not noticed, resulting in the blurring of harmony. Nonetheless the overall effect is positive

Chopin nocturne in Fsharp, Op15 no 2 - The general mood was there, although a sense of magic cand fantasy was only sometimes conveyed.

Khatchaturian Toccata - This is clearly something you love playing. You have plenty of strength and play it at good tempo. The middle section did contain 3 or 4 misreadings (accidentals). Overall, committed, with good concentration.


My pedalling for haydn and the mood for chopin!! pulled me down... i guess... ):


Made a dvd of my recordings for my godfather's birthday yesterday. Some credits to my friends for helping. Thank God he was quite happy with the present(as the playing and recording was not perfect). He kept watching it non-stop LOL. It's the thought that counts..


oh and i read in the newspaper saying that Auckland in New Zealand is said to be the number 1 safest country. haha. Singapore is the 23rd safest, Malaysia is the 26th. And.. some countries i could remember is the USA is 80 plus, and Iraq 145! lol.... I know it's random but now at least we roughly know which countries are safer to go for holiday! LOL!

No comments: